Over the past few months Grant has become a little chatterbox. I recall questioning his doctor when he was Erin's age because the boy hardly spoke at all. I was concerned that he had a speech delay. She looked at me and just smiled (probably because she hears parents overly worried about things such as this all day) and said, "He's a boy. Don't worry. He will be talking up a storm soon enough." She was right!
Grant has a routine before we leave the house. (He has a routine for everything...but that is a while other post.) The last thing we do before we leave is sit on the island in the kitchen and I put on the kids' shoes, wipe faces and comb their hair. After everyone is presentable we (meaning Grant AND Erin) must give Hunter a treat. Grant will throw him a bone and then he says. "See you later Hunter. Be a good boy. See you at church tomorrow!" Every time! He invites the dog to church! I just laugh to myself .
Now he's expanding his outreach. The other night the FedEx man brought a package to the door. As he was leaving Grant cheerfully said, "Bye! See you at church!"
Then the other day at Target he saw another little boy about his age in the cart in front of us in the check out line. They were saying their hello's back and forth as we went about paying for our goods. The family was parked next to us in the parking lot. Grant looks over at the little boy and says, "Bye! I'll see you at church!"
Boy, wouldn't life be wonderful if everyone did go to church with us! The world would be such a better place! Or, maybe I need to take a lesson from my little boy and invite some people to church!
1 comment:
That is too cute! You know he must hear that a lot, so it sounds like you are hanging out with good people:). I've been working on inviting people to church lately. Sounds like I need to take Grant with me! He would provide a great conversation starter!:)
Post a Comment