Sunday, July 05, 2009

Our 4th of July Weekend

We had a nice relaxing 4th of July this year. I brought the kids over to my parents' house for the day so that Stephen could work on his school work without constant interruption. It's the only way to get peace and quiet around here! Stephen and the rest of the family came over for dinner and we grilled hamburgers and hot dogs. Mom made her homemade cherry ice cream and we went for a swim. It's was a nice day. We did fore go the fireworks this year. Grant is terrified of loud noises and I am sure that Grant and fireworks do not mix! Here's what happens when Grant is trying to be sweet and put his arm around Erin for mommy.


Erin is not too keen of the idea.

There that's better.

Cheese!

My wonderful husband who apparently has not learned that you are supposed to wear red, white and blue on the 4th of July. (I didn't lay his clothes out for him before I left.) Had someone taken a picture of me you would have seen that I followed protocol. I love you anyway Stephen. At least you picked a great color combination!


This is the life!


I snapped this picture tonight before church. I hope everybody had a great weekend!

No comments: