Friday, January 08, 2010

Around Our House


It's cold and rainy here today! We have been cooped up inside most of the week. Grant seems to have finally decided to become a big boy and use the potty. It took some persuasion form us! Erin has been almost potty trained for months and now that Grant is on board I think it will be a matter of weeks and the whole house will be potty trained!!! Yea!!!!!!!!!! No more diapers!
How'd we do it? Well, Grant has proven himself to be very, very strong willed!!! He gets it honestly! I didn't think the kid would ever give up his diapers, but after an unfortunate event, which occurred during his nap time on New Year's Eve, involving about a dozen matchbox cars and a dirty diaper, I was fed up! We threw away said toys that were shall we say "contaminated" and basically took away all of his toys. We made a deal with him. If he wore underware and used the potty he got a toy back. If he wore a baby diaper he lost the toy. We got off to a rocky start this weekend and I didn't think it was going to work, but by Wednesday he decided to go along with our plan. I even took him to his doctor's appointment and the Bible study wearing underware with no accidents! I knew he could do it! He just had to make up his own mind!
We have been telling Grant for months that when he is potty trained we would take him to Disney World. So, it looks like we will be keeping our end of the bargain. Hopefully, before the end of March. I would like to go in the cooler months before the park get too crowded. I think I am just as excited about seeing Mickey as he is!

No comments: