Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Grant's First Ear Infection

Grant woke me up Tuesday morning about 12:30 with a 102.9 degree fever. It just came on all of a sudden. He had recovered (or so I thought) from the cold he caught Easter weekend and we had just finished up the antibiotic his doctor had prescribed for him. I immediately went into mom mode and spent the rest of the night trying to bring his fever down and comfort him. Unfortunately, my schedule was slammed at work and the two hygienists that we use as temps have moved so I had to go to work. Luckily, Stephen can take off whenever he needs to (I promise I won't complain when you work all kinds of crazy hours---at least for a while!). Stephen took Grant to the doctor yesterday morning and she prescribed a stronger antibiotic. He continued to have a fever ranging from 100.7-103.0 for the remainder of the day. Sometime in the middle of the night his fever broke! Yea! He is definitely feeling better except for the tummy upset caused by his medicine. Now if I could only catch up on all that sleep I lost!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Those are rough. We have had quite a few here...Me and Jenna. :o( Hope little man is feeling better soon!