Saturday, November 10, 2007

Big Foot!!!!


When it comes to buying shoes for Grant I always encounter the same dilemma: he has wide feet! Not just wide feet, but extra-wide feet. This puts a restriction on where I can buy shoes for him. I have only been able to find shoes at Stride Rite. He wears a 6 1/2 XW or a 7W at Stride Rite. Unfortunately, this closest Stride Rite store is 45 minutes to an hour away from my house, not to mention that $40-50 a pop for shoes that he out grows in a matter of weeks is tough. I don't even pay that much for my shoes (usually)! Today, my mom and I tried to find Grant some black dress shoes for church with no success. It looks like I am going to have to suck it up, take a trip, and shell it out for some shoes at Stride Rite. I certainly hope his little brother has extra wide feet so he can wear all of these shoes I have purchased. I have been lucky enough to find some on EBay in the past, but now that his feet are growing and he's running around more the XW shoes seem to be few and far between on eBay. I hope that one day I can go into any shoe store and find shoes for him...until then I guess I better save my pennies.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Matthew had the same problem - extra wide Flintstone feet - but after he turned two, he could wear the wide shoes. Now he wears regular shoes - so hopefully Grant will be the same!

Kelly said...

Cute pj's!

Kristi said...

It really stinks to have to buy expensive shoes they outgrow so fast. Luckily, Brooks has average feet, and I have found several Sunday shoes at some consignment sales. Yeah, $2.00 is SO much better that $20.00