I can't believe another year has passed! This year we had the pleasure of having the entire family here for Thanksgiving. Melissa and Chris were able to come for the first time in years and it was Brian and Liz's turn to be down here for the holiday. We has such a great time visiting with each other. I know the kids had a blast playing together. Grant is finally playing with his cousins instead of ignoring them. He picked up on a few habits while they were here too. Don't worry none of them are bad habits! He now "dances" and gets down right silly! It's very cute!
Thursday twenty-three of us sat down and enjoyed a delicious Thanksgiving dinner. Afterward the kids played football, swung on the swing set and played in the sandbox, while the adults enjoyed relaxing on the porch. Unfortunately, poor Luke woke up having a a difficult time breathing. Brain took him to the doctor that morning only to return a few hours later. Luke got to ride by rescue to the ER where the doctors stabilized his breathing. He had pneumonia! Poor Brian and Liz! They got home late that afternoon and enjoyed some leftovers! Luke did well the rest of the weekend. I hope he is still feeling better.
Friday morning Liz and I got up and went to Kohl's at 4 am! It is tradition to get up early and shop on Black Friday. We love it! We were able to get quite a bit a shopping finished at Kohl's and met mom and Melissa at the mall around 5:45. After the mall we headed to Target, another favorite shopping spot. Then it was on to Panera Bread for some breakfast. Afterward Liz and I return to the mall to get Brian ans Stephen new suits. JC Penny had them on sale 60% off Friday morning. I have to say we got quite a deal and the guys look great in the suits!
Saturday we had to say goodbye to Melissa and Chris. That evening we spent watching the Florida-Florida State game (for Stephen) and the Iron Bowl. Waaaarrrrrrr Eagle! It was a great weekend!
2 comments:
I talked to Allison at the zoo on Friday night, and she told us about Luke! Poor baby! I'm so glad that he is doing better. Congrats on the shopping - I got NONE of that done...
I don't think we have ever met but I am friends with Liz and Brian and ran across your blog from Liz's. I live in Jacksonville and my husband Ryan preaches at Lake Forest, I see that you are in Middleburg and just wanted to say hey and I will now be checking in on your blog! Your son is adorable! Oh and where do yall go to church?
Post a Comment