Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Grant's "Big Boy" Room and the Nursery







Grant moved into his new room and big bed right before Christmas. We wanted to go ahead and make the transition before bringing the new baby home. He loves his new room. All in one swoop he moved out of his crib, into a new room, and gave up his bottle! He thinks he is such a big boy! He has only gotten out of bed in the middle of the night one time and he came straight to our room. (Although, he hasn't given up his night waking habit! We are still working on that one, but at least he doesn't roam the house at 2 am!) I think the decor in his room will last a while for a little boy.
We finally finished the nursery. There was some debate over whether to paint the room pink or not, but I like the green and I think it goes well with the bedding. Stephen was happy that I didn't make him paint this room too. The walls were green because it went with Grant's nursery bedding.
I only have 16 working days left before I go on maternity leave! Yea! (Don't get too excited...I only work 3 days a week!) I am really looking forward to being home all the time with Grant and Erin. I know it will be a challenge at first, but I will adapt like all other mothers of two or more. I will be on maternity leave until May when I will return to work two days a week.

4 comments:

Liz said...

I love the rooms! Erin will love the green room!!! I always had Anna's room green with pink accents. I love it. I bet Grant loves his new room. He is getting so big. I love the bath pic...by the way.

Anonymous said...

The rooms look great.

Kristi said...

The rooms look so good! Kate's nursery room wat that green color and I just loved it. I love the letters over her crib, too. Very cute!

Anonymous said...

I painted Matthew's nursery green - twice! The first color was margarita green (yuck)! The second color was very similar to yours and worked well with the blues I had in his room! Love Grant's room, too!