I guess it's time for round two! The kids have been fever free since Wednesday. I thought we were all getting better. Grant did develop a nice rash Wednesday evening, but no more fever right? Wrong! Erin came down with another fever last night. It never went over 100.5, but it stayed right around there. So, we went back to the peds office this morning. Wouldn't you know her fever had broken by the time we got there.
Unfortunately, I tested positive for group B strep during this pregnancy. Due to my quick and speedy delivery I did not receive any antibiotics during labor. This can pose a huge problem for the baby. Group B strep can show up in two ways. The first time it shows up shortly after delivery (like hours), so we are safe from this. Them there is late on-set strep which shows up with in the first 3 months of life. This can result in many bad things like meningitis! Therefore, from now until she is three months old, every time her fever reaches 100.5 or more we have to rush her down to Wolfson's for a complete work up: blood work, urinalysis, RSV test, spinal tap and chest x-rays! (That shouldn't scare me at all right?!!!)
Hopefully, our little girl is all better and we won't have anymore scary fevers!
1 comment:
Bless your heart! Brooks was born so fast they didn't get me treated for Strep either. Thankfully, he never had any issues. Hope she stays fever free!
Post a Comment