Saturday evening Stephen and I went out to dinner to celebrate our wedding anniversary and my 27th birthday. I am too ashamed to admit the last time we went out on a date. The evening was long over due! I don't remember the last meal we had without Grant screaming at some point and Erin crying. Most of the time we eat in shifts and I inhale yet another meal. My parents volunteered to watch the kids while we went out. This was great because we were going to Carrabba's which is about five minutes from their house. Erin is still not wanting to take a bottle so I felt like we could leave her for just a little while and she would be ok. After we leaving my mom and dad's house Stephen told me that he got us reservations at The Melting Pot! I was excited, but of course the mom in me worried about Erin. We had to drive into Jacksonville and it always takes longer to do fondue. The meal was delicious! If you have never tried fondue you ought to. We have been several times to the fondue restaurant in Orange Park, but this was our first time to The Melting Pot. It was by far a better restaurant! Stephen had flowers waiting for me at the table and we enjoyed a quiet meal together.
Mom and Dad survived Erin's bottle strike. She did not, however, take the bottle. She is quite the stubborn little girl! I hope tomorrow goes better because I have to work.

1 comment:
The Melting Pot is my new favorite restaurant. Teale and I went there for Valentines. I loved it all, but I would go for just the cheese and dessert fondue. My mouth is watering just thinking of it.
Post a Comment