Friday, May 02, 2008

Erin's Two Month Check-up

All is well with our little girl. I took her for her check-up yesterday. She weighed in at ten pounds even and was 22 inches long. She is still in the 25th percentile for weight. It's strange because Grant always tipped the scales in the 95th percentile until recently. She is beginning to get fat little legs now. (I love baby fat!) I guess she is just going to be the petite one while Grant was our "moose"!

She received five shots yesterday along with the rota virus vaccine which she had to drink. Like her brother she has run a fever yesterday and this morning, but I think she's about to get over it.

Today is my last official day of maternity leave. I start back to work on Monday. I really don't want to go and I would much rather stay home with my babies. The good news is that I will only work two days a week. I guess I can't complain. I don't know how moms can manage working full time and raising a family. My hat's off to you who do it. I know I wouldn't be able to do it. I am still trying (scheming is more like it) to come up with a way to stay home in the future. At least until the kids start school. One good thing about being a dental hygienist is that it is easy to find part time work. Most of us don't want to work full time.

2 comments:

Chad said...

Good luck with going back to work. I hope you can "scheme" a way to be able to stay home. Teale and I have made the decision to try and allow her to stay home full time when the baby gets here. It's a little scary, but I sure hope we can make it work.

Kristi said...

Unless you truly make it a priority, it's difficult. What am I saying, it's difficult anyway. But, you cut corners to save money - like the big things - keep driving the same cars, don't live to pay your mortgage. How many mothers would trade their new car in a minute to get more time with their kids as babies when they are grown. It isn't easy, either way you do it, but it is never something you will regret! *I work 2 days a week because I want to. I feel it is a great compromise, because I get some world stimulation without missing out on the kids... You may just like it!