Today we celebrated Grant's second birthday. His official birthday is September 10th. I can not believe my little guy is two years old! Time passes too swiftly!
I tried my hand at cake decorating. Stephen's mom used to do these cakes when he was little so she came over to help me decorate. It took us a few minutes to get our act together, but it turned out nice for a rookie! There are a few things I'd do different next time. So check back in about sixth months and see what I bake for Erin's first birthday.
Grant absolutely loved his cake. He kept wanting me to open the fridge today so he could see it.
I know this picture is grainy and dark. The batteries where beginning to go bad in my flash. Something that didn't cross my mind until this moment, but there was no holding Grant up for a quick battery change. I wish the picture was clearer because I love the look on his face!(On a side note: Last year our good friend Jon offered to photograph Grant's first birthday party. What a great idea this is! I was able to pay attention to Grant and our guests rather than my camera. Well, this year I tried to do it all and I must say it is too hard. I was trying to be a good host and take care of all the guests, and watch Grant enjoy his cake, and did I mention that Erin has to be attached to me every second of the day, AND photograph the party! )




2 comments:
Happy Birthday, Grant!
Wow! That cake looks great!!!! Happy Birthday Grant!!!!
Post a Comment