Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Air Show and Pumpkin Cake

It's been a long time since I last posted here on the blog. We have been pretty busy around here. Not to mention that I am completely wrapped up in the Twilight series of books. I finished the second book in a day! (I can't believe it either!) I usually am not one to read for pleasure. The last book I read was Dare to Discipline and The Strong-Willed Child. (I wonder why I read those!!!!) I know we are going to have several posts coming due to the Halloween Holiday so I better catch you up on what has been going on around here.

Saturday morning Stephen, Grant, my dad and father-in-law went to the air show that was at NAS JAX. I had wanted to go this year, but I had too much to do and as you can tell it was a damp day and I didn't want to get Erin out in that kind of weather. Us girls stayed home and made made apple butter and decorated a pumpkin cake for dinner that night. ( and I read a lot)


Stephen and Grant at the first of many Air Shows
(Forgive me for lack of the correct name)
The lady who walks on the plane
Grant liked her and would wave to her. He really enjoyed the smaller planes, but I am not so sure he enjoyed the jets. They were too loud. Next time Stephen is going to bring ear muffs for Grant to wear.


Papa kept him safe during the loud jet's performance.
(I know I am going to get an email of two correctly naming the aircraft pictured above)

Grant and his cousin Lindsay checking out dessert

Erin liked it too!





2 comments:

Liz said...

I am 150 pages into Harry Potter 7 and I can't wait to start the Twilight series!!! Wait.....did you say you decorated that cake? WOW!!!!!!!!! I just love air shows...they never come here though!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVED the twilight series! I read all 4 books in about 2 weeks! The last one is the best! I can't wait to see the movie. I first heard about it and thought, "vampires - um I don't think I would like that" but I was hooked!
The cakes looks GREAT!!
Those 2 are getting so big & they're adorable!