Sorry for the poor quality of the photo it was taken with Stephen's phone!Erin had her appointment with the children's ophthalmologist yesterday morning. Her pediatrician had referred us to him because she has had a blocked tear duct. I made the appointment three weeks ago after Erin's 12 month check-up. Her eye was weeping and producing a lot of discharge at this appointment. She had been prescribed some eye drops which I began to use. Before I knew it her eye looked so much better. She wasn't even waking up with it matted shut like she has done consistently since birth, so I felt pretty confident that we wouldn't have to have the duct probed to open it.
The doctor came in and did an exam. He placed dye in each eye to check to see if the tear duct was still blocked. Good news, it isn't!!!! Yea!!!! I am so glad it corrected itself and I know Erin doesn't miss the constant goopy eye! He also dilated her eyes to do a complete exam. The Doctor said everything looks perfect!
Stephen, on the other hand, will being seeing his Ophthalmologist on Tuesday. Let's hope he gets good news too!
1 comment:
good! i'm so glad that went well. i can bet she didn't like those eye drops!
Post a Comment