Saturday, August 08, 2009

From the Potty Training Trenches

We are making progress with potty training Grant. I was trying not to push it too much, but he woke me up in the middle of the night twice this week to go potty. At first, I thought he was trying to trick me into letting him stay up, but when I sat him on the potty he went. Then he went right back to sleep! So, I have decided to really try to make this happen. Erin has been using the potty too, so we went and bought her a pink potty yesterday. (They were fighting over the potty) My original plan was to fore go the potty chair all together, but Grant is still terrified of the big potty, so we are taking baby steps. This chart has been on the fridge for the past two months. Grant now has 16 stars! Most of which he has earned the past 3 days. He has been allowed to put the star in the box that's why they are scattered all over his chart. We told him we'd buy him a big boy bicycle when he learns to use the potty.

I went ahead and made Erin a chart of her own yesterday since she is using the potty too! I thought it might spark some healthy competition between the two of them. She ended up with 5 stars yesterday.
It's been a long weekend already. Constantly using the potty (x2) but it will be worth it when we don't have to buy anymore diapers!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Ash has been ready for a while...Not me. She uses the potty but I just have to muster up the strength. It will be sooner than later as school starts for Jenna in Sept.