The other night I was playing the piano for Grant and Erin and I decided to lift the lid to our baby grand so that Grant could watch the hammer hit the strings as i played. I have fond memories of my mother playing the piano for us when I was little. I would dance around the living room, sit next to her, or sometimes simply lie under the piano and listen to the soothing sounds while she played. While, I am not near the accomplished pianist that she is, I can play a little. As I was playing, Grant said with delight, "Mommy, the piano's dancing!!!"
Yesterday, I was playing a variety of music for the kids and I was pointing out each instrument to Grant. That's when I told him that his daddy played the trumpet. He asked to see it. So when Stephen got home, he brought his trumpet out and played a little for Grant. Then, we let Grant have a turn. He couldn't have been more pleased!
1 comment:
I love it....papa
Post a Comment