This past weekend Stephen and our friend Jon ran a 5K for the Fleming Island Rotary Club. We signed Grant up for the One Mile Fun Run after the race. To say he was excited was an understatement. We pinned his very own number on his shirt. He was so proud. I explained to Grant that the grown-ups would run first and then the kids would run their race.
Here's Grant's original number. It didn't last long. When Stephen and Jon passed by us during the 5K we were all cheering for them. At the same time, Grant was down on his knees, ripping his number off his shirt. He thought they had run the race without him. Poor kid! He was so upset. I had to re-explain that nobody had left him and that he would still get to run his race.
I was so proud of my little guy. He ran (mostly except for a short stint were daddy had to carry him because he missed his mommy) the whole mile. Stephen told him that mommy was up ahead of them and that they had to catch up. That worked! As he came into the stadium, he was smiling and talking to everybody he passed. He is so outgoing and talks to everybody everywhere we go. (He gets upset when people don't respond to him too. It can get a little embarassing in the grocery store. "Hey lady! I said hello!!!!" You get the pictue, right?) He crossed the finish line at 12 min and 39 seconds! Way to go Grant!!! I think he might have been the youngest runner this time. Erin's heart was broken that she didn't get to run too. She was crying the whole time they were running around the track and telling me she needed a number on her shirt. I guess we will have to let her try next time. Grant has been very sweet and lets Erin wear his medal all the time!



No comments:
Post a Comment