
Another year has come and gone! We attended the Lads to Leaders Convention in Orlando this past weekend. We had such a great time and I am so proud of the kids in our youth group! They did a fabulous job and brought home many awards for their efforts. Grant and Erin enjoyed the convention more this year too! (Grant was afraid of the award ceremonies last year because they were too loud.) This year he enjoyed clappig and cheering....what a relief for me.
Grant and baby Rebecca. Grant loves this little girl so much!
Grant and Kate (baby Rebecca's big sister)
Grant entertaining Rebecca during the awards ceremony.
Grant went to watch his friends lead singing this year in the K-2 group. I have never seen these little ones compete, but it was so sweet! If you have never seen a 4 year old lead Our God, He is Alive then you are missing out! Grant could have led a song, but he wasn't interested and I knew that if I pushed him he would not do it. So we went to support his friends. Later that night, at the awards ceremony, they called all the K-2 participants to walk across the stage. Grant wanted to go with all his friends. I reminded him that he didn't lead singing this year. He looked me square in the eyes and sang Jesus Loves Me! I told him that didn't count, but next year he could do it! He seemed satisfied with that answer. So I guess we will see if he does it next year.





1 comment:
Brooks still hated the awards ceremony this year. We didn't make it 10 minutes Friday, but made the entire ceremony on Sat... Glad to see you guys had a great time!
Post a Comment