Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Lads to Leaders 2011

We had a great weekend at the annual Lads to Leaders convention in Orlando!  I have been going for the past twenty years (boy I am getting old!).  I have missed two years out of the past twenty, one when I was in college because I couldn't get out of clinic and the year Erin was born.  I wasn't crazy enough to brave it with a three week old!  Ha!  

I have been teaching the Leaderettes from our congregation for the past ten years and it is great to watch the girls grow and succeed.  This year I moved down to the younger girls class and I loved it!  We also had a special treat this year because Grant and Erin both participated in the pre-K-2nd grade age group!


Camryn traveled pretty well and, as is her nature, adapted to the busy weekend.  Just a few short years and she will get her chance too and I will be running around trying to see all of my kids participate!  


Grant did Bible reading on Friday afternoon.  Because he can't really read yet he recited a memory verse.  I wasn't sure how he was going to do.  This was the first time he has ever gotten up and spoken in front of people.  When we arrived at the room there were probably thirty or more boys!  Stephen took him in and got Grant set up to read.  I was able to get in the back of the room, but ended up leaving because Camryn got a little fussy.  I missed seeing him, but one of our friends, John, recorded the whole thing on video.  I want to post the video on the blog when I get a chance.  When it was Grant's turn he walked up to the front of the room and admitted he didn't know what he was going to say.  He then asked for a little help!  Stephen started him off and he went ahead and finished his memory verse!  He was so proud of himself!


Saturday both Grant and Erin led singing.  Mimi and I went with Erin and Stephen and Papa went with Grant.  Erin led her favorite song, "Blue Skies and Rainbows."  She did such a good job and I was very proud of her.  I told Stephen that I think it was the prettiest version of "Blue Skies and Rainbows" that I have ever heard.  (I might be a bit biased ; ) When the little girls were finished we rushed down to Grant's room.  Stephen was keeping me updated by texting me a play by play of what was going on in Grant's room.  We made it in time to see Grant lead, "Jesus Loves Me."  He did great as well.  

I was able to record both of the kids on our phones.  As soon as I figure out how to upload the video I will post it on my blog!



At the big awards ceremony Saturday night the little ones that participated got to go on stage.  Our friend Kate, Erin and Grant went up to the stage holding hands.  I thought it was so cute!


We told Grant to give a thumbs up sign when he got on stage.  (For those of you that know Mr. Zorn you know that this is what he always does.)  Grant instructed Erin to do the same!


Yep, that's my boy with his shirt tail out.  


Easter morning:  checking out the goodies the Easter bunny left.


Grant got an iTunes gift card from the Easter bunny.  He couldn't have been more excited!  He is always asking to download games on my phone.


Erin was the last to wake up.  She does not take after her mommy.  I am a morning person.


I think this trip to convention was the best one we have had since we started taking the kids!  We are looking forward to next year!

No comments: