Tuesday, September 06, 2011

The Disney Princess Half Marathon 2012

Yes, you read it right!  I might just be crazy, but I signed up for a half marathon.  No, I am not a runner.  I guess I am now!  It just happened so quickly.  I was talking with my sister in law, Liz, out by the pool on the Fourth of July.  She asked me if I would like to run the race with her.  She made the race sound so exciting!  I doubted myself for a second, but then, the very next day (after watching the You Tube video about the race), I signed up!  There's no backing out now!

I knew the motivation of a half marathon was just what I needed to get out and do something for myself.  I had figured out that I have either been pregnant or nursing sixty one months of the past seventy two months (six years)!!!   That takes a lot out of you!  Deciding to do this race has given me a chance to take time out just for myself.  I have only been running for a little over a month and I can already feel a difference.  I  know I have a long way to go before Febraury, but I will get there!

The tricky part has been finding the time I need to train for the race.  Luckily, my loving husband, has been training with me.  I am so glad to we are doing this together.  We aren't able to get every run in together.   He is in school two nights a week and we have Bible Study on Wednesday night so our training schedule is not ideal.  He does get to run between work and school.  I am going to have to try to fit in a run on Mondays by myself.  I am hoping once it cools down a little bit I can squeeze some time in on Monday afternoons.   It helps to have him running with me because he doesn't let me give up and he runs faster than I do, so he pushes me harder.  We are going to run the Gate River Run together a couple of weeks after the half marathon. 

So, now I have put it out there on the blog that I am training for a half marathon.  I have a few little races scheduled in the coming weeks.  I will try to update on my progress!


No comments: