Today I had a routine check-up at my ob/gyn's office. This pregnancy seems to be sailing along quickly. I am already 18 weeks! Almost halfway there! Everything is checking out right this time around. I took the quad screen test last week and it's negative. We passed! For those of you who don't know, the quad screen is a blood test that can determine if a mother is at risk of having a baby with Downs Syndrome. This is the test that came back alarmingly positive with Grant. We spent the next few months visiting specialists and worrying about our little guy. The good news is that Grant is perfectly healthy (and a little rotten!).
My doctor's office just got a brand new ultrasound machine. It's very nice. They now offer 3-D ultrasounds there at the office. I am debating whether or not to have one. We didn't feel the need to get one with Grant because I was going for level 2 ultrasounds every four weeks. We felt that it would be silly to pay for the 3-D when our insurance covered these completely. However, this spoiled me a little bit. We were checking in on him so frequently that I kind of want to do one with Andrew because I will only get one more scan around Thanksgiving. I don't know. Has anyone done the 3-D ultrasound? I would like to know what you think?
3 comments:
I HIGHLY recommend the 3-D. Not only is it great to see your child's facial features, but it is one more look that the doctors and nurses get at the little one to verify that everything is A-OK. This is where we caught the issue with our daughter and they were immediately able to send us to a specialist. Our little girl was born before our next scheduled 2-D so I HIGHLY recommend it.
I didn't do one but if you have the extra $, why not?? :o)
I didn't have one because it wasn't available. One friend did it with their first, but didn't want to spend the money on the second.
Post a Comment