We had a great time visiting Brian, Liz and the kids this past weekend. We left at 6:30 am (not 4 am!!!) Friday morning and made it to Montgomery in time for lunch. That afternoon Stephen had to do some work at the terminal. Friday night Liz and I went to the My Kids Attic Consignment Sale!!!! We had a good time and I got a ton of clothes for Grant. Liz had already shopped the night before at the workers party. She was able to get a lot of winter clothes for her three as well. Luckily, I have Liz to shop with me. Don't get me wrong, I love to shop.
However, I tend to shop quickly. I go into a store and if something doesn't grab my attention right away I leave. I hate going through racks of clothes searching for that one perfect item. I don't have the patience for that. This poses somewhat of a problem at the consignment sale because you must search through each article of clothing in order to find what you are looking for. This is where Liz helps me out. She keeps me focused so I will go back and search again and again if need be. I was pleased with what I bought. I even got a few maternity items for myself!!!
However, I tend to shop quickly. I go into a store and if something doesn't grab my attention right away I leave. I hate going through racks of clothes searching for that one perfect item. I don't have the patience for that. This poses somewhat of a problem at the consignment sale because you must search through each article of clothing in order to find what you are looking for. This is where Liz helps me out. She keeps me focused so I will go back and search again and again if need be. I was pleased with what I bought. I even got a few maternity items for myself!!!
Saturday morning we went to see James play soccer. It was the first game of the fall season. He plays for the Sea Lions this year. Brian is also coaching his team. The kids seem to have good time playing. Saturday evening Brian and Stephen had the chance to go to the Auburn vs. USF game. I think they had a good time even though Auburn lost. I think Stephen even said War Eagle!!! the other night in his sleep. : ) (Dad, I don't think he'll be a Gator fan much longer!)
We came home Sunday after church and now I have a ton of laundry to do and the house to clean in order to prepare for Grant's Birthday party this weekend. I guess I better get busy!
2 comments:
Not sure about the War Eagle thing...I did have fun at the game and all the pagentry before the game was really fun to watch. Brian and I even saw the eagle getting a police motorcycle escort to the stadium. I did root for them since they are an SEC team. I tend to root for the conference teams until the Gators play them in a conference game. This way it helps Florida's ranking once they beat them.
Stephen
That was so hilarious about Stephan saying War Egle!!! I am laughing outloud!!! We had a great time with ya'll as usual. We will see you in a few months!!!
Post a Comment