Thursday, January 24, 2008

Week Recap

Well, it's been a week since I was able to update my blog. As always, I have been very busy. It all began last Friday when I managed to grocery shop, take Grant to his play date in town and fix dinner all before lunchtime. Friday afternoon I treated my self to a much long overdue haircut. I am ashamed to say it had been a year and two weeks since my last haircut. I know, I am bad! It's just that I never take the time to just do it. Anyway, I rushed home to eat dinner. Then Stephen and I went over to Jon and Amy's for a game night. We ended up playing Catch Phrase (which I LOVE!!!!) for most of the night.

Saturday morning I woke up early (again!) because I had to go into town for some last minute shopping for the baby shower that I was hosting on Sunday. I came back home just in time to whip up some dessert and go to our young adult cookout at the church building. It was originally supposed to be at the park, but due to the cold rainy weather we moved it indoors to the church building. We had a great time and Mr. McDonald made some of the best ribs I have ever had!!! After lunch everyone broke up into groups to play different games. We brought Grant with us so we ended up leaving early because it is hard to play anything when you have a sixteen month old to watch. Stephen and I tried taking turns, but I am going to be honest. I am huge and I just can't wrestle (yes, wrestle) him as easily as I used to. I know that it's going to be difficult when the baby is born to juggle to kids, but part of me will be relived to have my body back!

Sunday was another long day. We had a fellowship meal after church. Then I hosted a baby shower for a friend who is expecting twins about the same time that our little girl is due. The shower was very nice and I am glad I was able to do it for her. So I didn't get home until about 9 pm Sunday night. I was worn out!

Monday was back to work. Nothing exciting happened this day. Tuesday evening Stephen and I had the opportunity to go have dinner with a family from church. Stephen had fixed their computer a few months ago and the wanted to do something nice for him in return. We really had a good time and the food was great! I have to admit I didn't want to go because I was tired, miserable from being on my feet all day, but I am glad we went.

Wednesday I had a day off. Yea!!! Grant and I spent the day at home. I started working on all the burp cloths I need to make. There are so many babies being born in the next few weeks! I was able to get a good start and I hope to finish everything up this weekend.

Today was a regular Thursday. It's the night that the office is open late. All of us dread working that one extra hour, but today wasn't so bad. Now, I am just looking forward to another busy week! I will say that even though it sounds bad....I am thankful to be so busy. Time is flying by and hopefully we will have baby Erin here soon!

1 comment:

Liz said...

I think it is hilarious that you know it has been exactly 1 year and 2 weeks since your last haircut! That sure counts for something! I will save the good clothes for Grant. Can he wear 24 mos. or just 2T? Take care and we will see you soon!!!!!