Sunday, April 13, 2008

Poor Girl!




For the last nineteen months of parenthood we have managed not to visit the ER. Grant has always been, for the most part, well. Erin took us for our first visit yesterday.




Stephen came down with a cold earlier this week, and Grant caught it a few days later. Friday night about 11:30pm Erin began coughing. She ran fever all night and was becoming more and more congested. I was worried. She was too little to get this sick and I was preparing myself for a diagnosis of RSV. We took her to the children's hospital in Jacksonville yesterday morning. My poor little girl was so sick! They were great and did a complete work up, blood work, urine sample, RSV test, chest x-rays, and a spinal tap. The tests all came back negative! She did receive an IV of antibiotics before we could leave. We had to return this morning for another check and to see the results 24 hour cultures. Good news! Everything is still negative. She received another shot of antibiotics. She just has bronchiolitis. (I know that's still bad, but at least it's not RSV or meningitis!) She is no longer running a fever. We will have to take her to see her pediatrician tomorrow for another check and to find out the results of the 48 hour cultures.




Grant and Stephen are still sick too. Grant is running a low grade fever this morning. I am trying my best to take of all of them!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Leslie! I'm am so sorry. What relief to hear the tests came back negative. Wishing speedy recovery to the family. We'll be thinking and praying for ya'll! Love, Kristin

Kristi said...

Bless her heart - and bless yours! That's ALOT of poking on such a little one. But, it's scary with one so little to have a fever. We will pray that you guys all feel better soon.

Liz said...

Oh, I am so sorry! There is nothing worse than for one of your babies to have to go to the hospital. Believe me, I know. I hope you all get feeling better very soon. We will keep you in our prayers.