I have strep throat or"black throat" as my nephew Matthew affectionately calls it. He should know. He has had it many times. I however have only had it once as a kid and I must say I know I bounced back more easily at seven than at twenty-seven. I have been on antibiotics for 48 hours and I honestly was expecting to feel better by now, but I am not. When I went to the doctor on Thursday my fever was up to 104.0 (and I was taking Tylenol to reduce the fever!) as a I sat there shaking uncontrollably from chills in the waiting room. The harder I tried not to shake the worse it got. I am sure people were wondering what was wrong with me!
My fever stayed between 103.7-104. 5 for the next fourteen hours. I have never had a fever this high even as a child. I really did not get sick very often as a child. I don't think I slept for two days straight because I couldn't get comfortable. My fever has remained much lower (about 100) since yesterday as long as I keep medicated. My throat on the other hand feels worse! I am hoping for some improvement today because I have to work tomorrow.
2 comments:
I hope you feel better soon! I had strep throat about 1 1/2 years ago and I missed 3 days of work - I felt horrible! I agree, getting strep throat as an adult is worse than getting it as a kid!
Melissa
I am so sorry. I hope you feel better very soon!!!
Post a Comment