Saturday, August 16, 2008

Olympics 2008

We have really enjoyed watching the Olympics this year. I think I prefer the summer games over the winter games. I love watching gymnastics, volleyball and, of course, swimming! It's amazing to see these great athletes do what they do best.

Grant has enjoyed watching the Olympics too. He really got into the opening ceremonies. His favorite parts were the drummers and the fireworks. The cutest thing I have seen him do recently happened last weekend. He had just gotten up from his nap and I had swimming on. This was the first time he had seen it on T.V. He started running around the living room clapping his hands and saying,"Kick! Kick!" (This is what we have been telling him in to pool when he is trying to swim.) Then he would get down on his stomach on the floor and proceed to kick his legs like he was swimming too! It was so funny I wish I had it on video. Maybe we have a future Olympian on our hands!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

We have watched a lot of the games, too. When the diving is on, the kids like to say, "Splash!" when the diver hits the water...