Wednesday, August 13, 2008

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E

Last week we purchased this Mickey Mouse toy for Grant. He has loved Mickey for a while now, but didn't have any Mickey Mouse toys. He has even carried around the Mother's Day card he and Erin gave me because it had Mickey on it. I was very impressed that he took such good care of the card. (It finally ripped this week!) My mother-in-law had recently found some of Stephen's old toys which included a Mickey, and Grant loves them, but the figurine is small and Grant wanted to sleep with it. Due to the fact that he could swallow it, we set out to buy him a Mickey doll. All we could find was the Mickey pictured above with an airplane. As soon as Grant saw it, he loved it. This has not left his side in the past week and half (except for the few hours he was lost in the recliner!) Grant has carried him to church, slept with him, and played with him. The best part is that Grant will do things for us that we never imagined because of Mickey! He has slept through the night (yes, still a problem in our house) four nights, and he will eat all sorts of things as long as he pretends to feed Mickey first.

I think I love Mickey too!

We are planning a Mickey Mouse birthday party for Grant in a few weeks. I won Mickey cake pan off eBay and I plan on making him a special cake. I can't believe he's about to be two!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

A "Boo" in the format of Mickey. :o)