This weekend we had the privilege of attending the 40th annual Lads to Leaders Convention in Orlando. I have been to 17 of the last 19 conventions only missing because of clinic one year and Erin's birth last year. It was a busy weekend, as usual, made even crazier with two toddlers along for the ride, but we survived.
We arrived late Friday afternoon because Stephen had to go into work for a few hours that morning. (I have decided that this will never happen again!) He had to leave us as soon as we pulled in because he had to go upstairs and judge puppet theater. Luckily, my dad met me downstairs and parked the car for me while I got us checked in.
Friday evening we went to the awards ceremony. It always begins with the Parade of Winners. They play Chariots of Fire and turn the lights down while everyone claps and cheers for the kids. Grant did not like the loud noise and we only lasted 30 minutes before we called it a night. Grant referred to the ballroom as the "loud room" for the rest of the weekend.

Saturday morning I had the chance to go and hear one of my girls give her speech she did a great job. In fact, she won first place this year!!! She has been such a joy to have in class and is such a great example to her peers. I will miss her next year when she moves up to the high school class. Saturday afternoon it was my turn to judge song leading. We took the kids back down to the swards ceremony Saturday night. (why? I don't know) When we got down there Grant did to want to stay and there weren't any seats for us. We stood in the back for a while and then some of the men got up so that I could sit down with Erin. About thirty minutes into the ceremony we ended up going upstairs and putting the kids to bed.

Grant got his first shiner Saturday afternoon running around with some of the kids from the youth group. He ran straight into the wall!





2 comments:
We had a blast in Atl. I judged the 6th grade girls song leading. I loved it! L2L is exhausting but we just love it!
HAHAHA I see Erin has a pony. Hmmmm.
Post a Comment