Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Random: Daily Life

I realize that I have not been a very good blogger over the past few months.  I really have no excuse for this (other than facebook), but I am going to try to do better.  I started this blog in order to remember all the things that happened in our family.  So today's post will just be random things that have happened here at our house lately. 

In the picture above Grant and Erin are looking at my Mickey Mouse cookbook.  The kids love to help out in the kitchen and I love having their help!  I love to cook and bake and it's a great time to share with my children. 

This is movie night!  It's a treat to watch a movie and eat popcorn in Mommy's bed!  I believe they are watching the current favorite, Peter Pan.  Grant has already informed me that he will be Peter Pan for Halloween and that Erin will be Tinkerbell.  She's on board witht the idea and frequently tells me she is Tinkerbell.   I am glad to see he is planning ahead! 

Bath time....might just be their favorite time of day.  I love that my children are so close.  They love each other very much.  However, as Erin has moved into the "terrible two's" they have began bickering a lot.  She knows just how to aggravate Grant to his breaking point.  I know that this is normal sibling behavior, but I hope we can cut down on the hitting/pinching that results!
What's the first thing you notice in the first picture?  His teeth right?  Ok, I notice his teeth, but I am a dental hygienist.  Grant is an addict.  He can't get enough of his pacifier and burp cloth.  I know!  He's three!  What is he still doing with a paci?  Well, I will take the bad mom award here.  I should have taken it away before he was two, but Erin was just born and it was easier to let him have it.  He is so comforted by it.  Maybe it's that I can relate.  I had my own pacifier and burp cloth until I was three!  We have kept meaning to take it away, but hadn't done it yet.  I was focusing on potty training and thought I could only deal with one thing at a time.  Anyway, Grant's teeth are very flared due to his paci habit and I knew that once he quit it would only be a matter of time before they would be pushed back into alignment.  Two weekends ago he spent the night with my parents.  Somehow, Mimi convinced him to throw it away.  I'll admit, when I found out I was terrified, but I knew this was it.  We had to stay firm.  The first couple of days were a little rough, but we survived and Grant is now paci free!!!!  Yea!!!!!!!!!! 

He is changing from a toddler into a little boy right before my eyes!  I can see such a difference in him in the last two months.  Tomorrow, I am going to visit a couple pre-schools in order to enroll him in K-3 for next school year!
This little girl is changing too!  How'd we go from having two babies to this?  They grow so fast!

Yesterday, we got out and enjoyed the beautiful spring weather that we are having.  We made pine cone bird feeders and got a little messy.  Grant was very proud of them and he is sure the birds are saying thank you. 

We also "helped" Grandaddy fix the irrigation system.  We had a few leaks.  We are preparing to plant our garden!  I am so excited!

Grant and Erin riding around with Granny and Granny Gay

Now
Then

I love Erin in the newest picture above.  It's one of the rare moments when I can see a little bit of myself in her.  I think she looks even more like my mom in it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are so sweet. I hope you'll keep your journal, so that when they are 19 and 20, they can look back and see where they were.

By the way, I've always thought Erin looked just like me!
Mimi