Thursday, January 13, 2011

2010: Our Year in Review


I know this post is a little behind, but since I spent a good bit of time on New Years Eve compiling the collages I wanted to go ahead and post this.  I have had some trouble with blogger, but I think I now have the issue resolved.


January was unusually cold for a Florida winter.  We spent several weeks with low temperatures in the teens. Because of the frigid weather, we stayed inside most of the time.  We kept a fire roaring and built tents and baked cookies and other treats.  The treats above are really peanut butter bones for Hunter.  I think we were a little stir crazy by the end of this month.  (Much like we are right now!)


February was an exciting month!  We took our first trip to Disney World!!!  The kids had a blast meeting Mickey Mouse himself.  It was a cold and rainy weekend, but we made the best of it and have some great memories!  We also celebrated Erin's 2nd birthday with a Minnie Mouse Birthday party!


March came quickly!  Stephen and I participated in the 5K portion of the Jacksonville River Run while Liz and my boss ran the 15K race.  It was so much fun!  (Although I felt like I had been run over by a truck the next day!  I should have trained a little.  I'm not sixteen anymore!)  After the race I was ready to run more races, but a few days later, on 3/17/10 I found out baby Camryn was on the way.  That kind of put an end to any training I was going to do.  Stephen, however, continued to run and did several more races during the spring and early summer.  Spring was on it's way and we spent a lot of time playing outside.  The kids love to be outdoors and we always welcome the change in weather!  Melissa and the boys came for a visit this month as well!


April ushered in spring and all the fun that comes with it!  I love it when the season changes!  This month was filled with Easter egg hunts and fun with friends.  We also went to Orlando for the annual Lads to Leaders convention. We had such a busy, but rewarding, weekend!  This month flew by.  I remember we were trying to keep my pregnancy a secret, but Grant couldn't keep it a secret!  He was so excited!!!


In May we returned to Disney for one more weekend of fun!  We had to use up our Florida residents four day tickets before the end of May.  As cold as we were on our previous trip, we were just as hot this trip.  I was eleven weeks pregnant and was sick with my usual nausea, but with the help of Zofran and lots of snacks I survived.  Both sets of grandparents were able to join us on this trip and we had a great time.   Stephen and I also celebrated our ten year wedding anniversary on the 19th of May! 


In June we spent a lot time swimming and a few play groups here and there.  We took it easy most of this month.  Grant really took to swimming this year and turned into a little water bug!  I can't wait until the pool warms up and we can swim again!


July was vacation time!  We took a road trip, along with my parents, to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.  Along the way we stopped in Macon, Georgia to visit my Granny Field and family.  Then we spent a day in Atlanta where we visited the Georgia Aquarium!  While in mountains we toured Cades Cove, experienced Clingman's Dome and hit all the hot spots in the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area.  On the way home we took a little detour to Grandfather Mountain.  It was a busy trip, but we had a great time.  (Looking forward to returning to our usual beach trip this year!)


In August Stephen and I took a much needed weekend trip to St. Petersburg Beach.  He actually won the trip from a local radio station!!!  This was the first time we had left the kids and went away and it was perfect timing seeing that we won't be able to leave the kids again for a little while : )  We relaxed on the beach all day and enjoyed some great food.  (We even missed the kids a little!) 


September brought about a few firsts here in our household.  Grant finally gave up the old red tricycle and learned to ride his bike.  (He could have done this much sooner, but her just wouldn't even entertain the idea.)  Grant also started preschool!  This was the best decision we could have made.  He loves school and we have seen such a change in him!  Grant also turned four in September and had his "Tornado" birthday!  He has informed me that he wants an "Angry Piggy" cake next year.  (from Angry Birds)  I don't know how I am supposed to pull that off!  College football season was also in full swing!  Got love Saturdays here in SEC territory!


We had full October which included a trip to the corn maze and air show.  Peter Pan and Wendy  brought home a ton of candy after a few sessions of trick or treating.  Brian also came to visit and spoke at our fall gospel meeting!  


November came and along with it came Camryn!  She arrived on Thursday the 18th---a week before Thanksgiving.  We truly had much to be thankful for this year.  We were able to celebrate Thanksgiving with most of my dad's family, including my cousin, Kristin and her family!


December is always a busy month.  We had Breakfast with Santa and parties!  Santa came and we enjoyed celebrating Christmas with family.  (despite a few illnesses)

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love all of the collages and remembering the past year with you. What a great idea. My favorite though is the angry piggy cake!!!! I love it!!!!!