Saturday, February 26, 2011

Erin's 3rd Birthday Party

It's been a busy day!  The house is finally quiet.  All three kiddos are asleep, Stephen has gone into work to switch out servers/upgrade servers... to do something?  (I don't really ask because it is all the same to me.  I just know he will be at work all night for the third Saturday in a row), I am here, finally able to sit down, relax and enjoy some time to myself.  

Erin turned three years old today.  (Actually, she was born at 10:26 pm so she's not officially "three" yet!)  We had a princess party for our little princess.  She had been so excited all day about her party.  When she woke up this morning I told her "Happy birthday."  She joyfully replied, while holding three fingers high in the air, "I'm three!!!!"  She's been waiting a long time to be three.  Her happiness quickly faded when she discovered that her family hadn't arrived for her party yet!  I explained to her that would all be here tonight.  



Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella and Belle all made an appearance on the cake.



Camryn was so funny this evening.  Stephen was holding her at the end of the counter right by the birthday cake.  She kept leaning in towards the cake with her mouth open wide as if she would like to take a bite of it herself.  Stephen would stand her back up and she'd try it again!  I really think she wanted to have some cake.  It seems that in the last few days she has realized that we are eating food and that she'd like to try some to!  I have assured her that in a few more weeks she can have some yummy rice cereal : )


The birthday girl as we sang Happy Birthday to her!



Erin received many wonderful presents this year-mostly princess stuff, especially Rapunzel.  I wish I had more pictures of her opening her presents, but I only got a few.  Camryn was fussy and I was trying to calm her down and photograph the present opening.


We gave Erin a big girl bicycle.  She's been riding her tricycle for a while now and has wanted a bike to ride like big brother Grant.  She was clapping her hands here as Stephen wheeled the bike in!


The bike has a seat on the back for her baby doll.  We told her that the seat was for her doll only, not Camryn.  She told me later that she was "angry that the seat was not for her baby"  (Camryn)


Grant stole the show by donning Erin's new Rapunzel wig.  I think he likes it as much as she does.  (He told me he didn't want his hair cut this week because her was growing it out like Rapunzel.   I convinced him to let me cut his hair anyway!)  If you think this is silly, you ought to see the wig on baby Camryn!  We tried it on her tonight, but didn't get a picture.

All in all, we had a great night!  We are so thankful for our little girl Erin.  I don't know how our children grow up so quickly, but each year seems to fly by!

No comments: