Monday, June 20, 2011

A Little Rain


Friday afternoon we actually had some rain.  Our rain gauge measured one and a half inches!!!  This was a big deal because we are enduring a terrible drought here.  There are fires all over North Florida and South Georgia and the smoke and heat combined have been extreme!  We need rain!

While it was raining the kids asked to go outside and jump in the puddles, so after dinner that is just what we did!


They jumped and jumped and finally just sat down in the mud and made mud pies.  They were dirty!  I had to hose them off outside.  Then I rinsed them off in the bath tub, drained the water, and then bathed them again.  It was totally worth it though!


Stephen snapped this picture of Camryn and me.  It's not a "glamour shot" of me...no make up, hair still damp from swimming earlier, but I like Camryn's expression and the fact that I am holding her in the picture.


She's getting so big so fast.  She was seven months old on Saturday!!!


See how long my hair is!  I had seven inches cut off Saturday afternoon. My hair is so thick and it gets wavier  and wavier with each baby I have.  (Just think bad eighties perm all over except for the hair on the crown of my head.  That hair is straight as a board!  Lots of flat ironing going on here.)   I just needed a change.  I don't have an after picture yet, but I like it and it feels so much healthier.  I enjoyed the entire two hours it took my hair stylist to wash, cut and dry my hair.  I told her I would need her to come over every day and do it for me.  She even massages my head and neck!  I love it!


Little Miss had to get her feet in the mud too.

No comments: