Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Blue Mountain Beach: Days 4-5

We have been back from vacation for a few days now and we are just getting back in the groove of things.  We had a great trip spending time with our cousins.  Camryn was sick the entire trip.  She was super clingy and fussy and hardly slept.  I  thought she had a virus at first, but by the end of the trip I was pretty sure it was an ear infection.  Sure enough, she does have an ear infection.  Because she would hardly let me put her down while we were at the beach I just uploaded pictures every day.  I will try to recap the week now.


Our first day at the beach was Sunday.  We headed down to the beach that morning after morning worship.  The weather was beautiful that day and the water was clear and calm.  We spent most of the day at the beach.  Melissa and the boys arrived in time for dinner.  We were so glad to see them!


Monday was more of the same...beach time.  I never get tired of the beach.  I'd love to say that I get to sit and read and relax all day, but that won't happen for quite a few years I am sure.  The kids really loved the water this year.  Grant and Erin both learned to boogey board.  It was a nice change from our last trip to the beach where Grant was terrified of the beach and refused to come down.

Tuesday was a rainy day.  Boo!  The big cousins, their parents and Mimi and Aunt Vicki ventured into Destin to see Harry Potter.  I think every other person had the same idea.  It took them an hour and a half to drive about ten miles!  They did, however, stick it out and got to see the movie.  We had some very happy Harry Potter fans. 

Wenesday started out rainy.  The girls went to the Outlet Mall for some girl time.  The guys loaded up and went to the Bass Pro Shop and then went to lunch.  I think we all enjoyed our little excursion that day.  After lunch the weather cleared up and we were able to go to the beach!!!  We took family pictures after dinner and then had a birthday party for Matt.  He will turn eight tomorrow!

 That pretty much catches us up.  Here are a few more Wednesday pictures.


All the cousins working together to build a moat.


Grant and Luke patting the wall.



Thursday:  The water was getting rough this day.  They had to put the red flag up. So we tried to keep the kids up on the beach.


Stephen found these glasses washed up on the beach.  We had taken a long walk down the shoreline.  We told Grant they were treasure.  Anna claimed them as her own : )


We love going back down to the beach in the evening.  The lighting is beautiful and it's not quite so hot.  It;s my favorite time of day!

No comments: