Saturday, August 04, 2007

Here We Go Again!

Yes, we are expecting again! Stephen and I decided that it is time to finally put our news in writing. We are due February 29th, 2008----leap year! We didn't want to share our news until we were sure that everything was going to be OK. For those of you who don't know I miscarried our first baby at 12 weeks. We had struggled for over a year to get pregnant and then lost the baby. Fortunately, we conceived Grant the month the doctor cleared us to try again. So you can imagine our surprise when we got pregnant this time. We were shocked, but extremely happy. We love being parents and we can't wait for the next one.

I was extremely sick with Grant I would throw up 4-5 times a day. I was losing weight and unable to eat when my doctor finally put me on Zofran (the wonder drug). This time I got a script from the get go. I am still sick, but not nearly as bad as I was with Grant. Now I just throw up 4-5 times a week. Life is much better. Pregnancy is different when you already have a little one running around at home. I am so tired, but I don't get to sleep much between work and running after my ten month old. (who still wakes me up several times a night).

I went to the doctor yesterday and we were able to hear the heartbeat. I was surprised and Dr. Powers was too. Neither of us thought we would pick it up this early. It was honestly a relief. So, things are looking good. We will have our next ultrasound at 16 weeks, so mid September we should know what we are having. I will keep you all posted as things move along!

5 comments:

Liz said...

The diaper bag is adorable as usual and try to rest while you can!!

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly said...

Sorry, I did not make sense so I deleted the comment.

Congratulations to you and Steve again! We are happy our baby girl #2 and your baby #2 will be so close in age!

Love the diaper bag too.

Kristi said...

Congratulations! I know how it is to have babies close in age (ours are 18 months apart). Everyone says it will pay off in the future... Gotta love that Zofran... it was my best friend too. I recently read an article that coincided severe morning sickness with a decreased breast cancer risk. At least there is some good to it... K

Wanda said...

Congratulations from Brent, Wanda, and Cullen