Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Sippy Cups!


As Grant is approaching his first birthday, I am trying to get him to use a "sippy cup." It isn't going as planned. As you can see from the picture, I have purchased a wide variety of cups hoping to find one that works for him. Unfortunately, he does not like any of them! I began giving him a sippy cup with his meal a few months ago. I showed him how to hold it in order to drink from it. He has been unsuccessful. I have even tried taking the no spill valve out of the cup so that he will realize that he can get something to drink out of the cup. So far, no luck! He is simply not interested. He does prefer to drink out of a cup the same way we do---no lid, no straw, no "no spill" contraption. He is mastering this skill fairly well. However, it is not convenient do to the potential mess it can make and it doesn't travel well. I know that he won't be drinking from a bottle forever, but I would prefer sooner than later!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

He'll get it. I felt like it took Jenna forever too and then one day it clicked.