Wednesday, August 15, 2007

One Boy's Balloon




This morning I was switching out the laundry when Grant became hysterical. He was crying uncontrollably. I could not figure out what was wrong with him. He had just finished breakfast, so he couldn't be hungry. He wasn't dirty. He wasn't hurt from what I could tell. It was too early for nap time! I took Grant (still crying) and the laundry to our room to fold the clothes. He kept on and on, so I opened the bedroom door and let him go. (I had closed it to keep an eye on my little guy. He's fast!) He continued fussing. After I had finished putting the clothes away I went out to get him. He was sitting on the floor in the kitchen crying and looking at the ceiling. I looked up and realized what it was. When I went to the baby shower a couple of weeks ago, they gave Grant a balloon. We played with it that day and ever since it has been tied to a kitchen cabinet. Well, it caught his eye today and he wanted it bad! I reached up and retrieved the balloon. Grant stopped crying immediately! All of the for a balloon. He played with the balloon for the next hour or so. Of course, for those of you concerned about choking hazards, I was there with him. He was supervised. As you can see in the picture above he did not even let go of the balloon for his bottle. I had to take it away when it was nap time. He wasn't too happy about it, but he was so tired that he fell asleep quickly. He is up from his nap, but he hasn't remembered his balloon yet!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Look at him walking! Brooks just started crawling a good week ago! I am so glad he isn't walking yet... Loved the story...