Thursday, March 27, 2008

All About Grant

Dancing on the coffee table....Don't try this at home!

Checking out Hunter's teeth. He gets this from mommy!

Playing with his Little Touch Leap Pad
(He insisted on sitting in the Bumbo once he saw it)

Grant has been doing all sorts of new things lately. I am sure it is his way of securing our attention.


On Easter he had his first taste of peanut butter. We had been holding off on introducing this tasty treat because his cousin Luke is allergic to peanuts. We figured we would wait until he was closer to two years old. Well, I bought some of the small, foiled covered Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs for Easter (for myself) and I left the bag in the middle of the table. Wouldn't you know he got up there and sampled one for himself. When we found him there was chocolate all over his face, chest, hands, legs, the table...you get the picture. I quickly did a sweep of his mouth and discovered all that was left was the wrapper! I guess he isn't allergic, and he loves Reese's peanut butter cups.



Monday afternoon he was playing outside (his most favorite thing to do). Hunter, our lab, relieved himself on a tree nearby. Grant, who misses nothing, ran up to the tree and proceeded to lift his leg in the same manner. I guess I need to enlist Hunter's help when it is time to potty train

Success!

Grant is climbing, climbing, climbing! I have found him all the way on top of our baby grand piano plucking the strings, halfway in the pack-n-play, in the swing (as pictured), on and off of his horsey, and countless other places. I know it sounds like I never watch him, but most of this happens while I am in the same room. He's quick!


We had a long day yesterday. Stephen did not get home from work until 9 pm. He had to go to Montgomery and left at 1:30 am this morning. Hopefully, he will be able to come home tomorrow. (He better get some sleep!) Grant was not able to get outside and run at all yesterday because it is too hard to chase him all over ten acres and hold Erin too! So his Granny has promised to come over and play with him this afternoon. Thanks Granny!

.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping that lowrider in the first picture doesn't catch on. He be saggin!

dad

Kristi said...

Bless his heart - having to wait until now to eat his first Reeses? LOL! Those are my favorite!

Liz said...

Yes, Grant is definitely 'zagging' in that first picture!!!