All trimmed up!
Brian, Liz and the kids came down this past weekend to visit Erin for the first time. We had a great time and I know Anna enjoyed holding Erin every chance she could. She is going to make such a great mama one day! While they were here I asked Liz if she would cut Grant's hair. It was getting unruly in the back and needed some shaping up. Aunt Liz did a great job and Grant looks so grown up! He already looked so much bigger to us after bringing Erin home, but now he looks like a little boy instead of a baby!
Grant has also began having night terrors. It's so sad and you feel helpless when you can't make him feel better. Brian told me that James had them as well when he was Grant's age. I know that the past few weeks have been hard on Grant, and he doesn't understand why his mama can't always be there for him. Stephen has really been a huge help with Grant. It always seems Grant needs me the most when I am feeding Erin! We are working through it and I know, with time , Grant will adjust.
Well, both of my babies are sleeping right now. I think I will go and try to take a nap myself before Erin wakes up!
NOTE: I did not take a nap. Erin woke up as soon as my head hit the pillow for a marathon nursing session this afternoon. She is now sleeping peacefully, while her big brother is raring to go!!! Oh well, I will catch up on my lost sleep in 18 years!
2 comments:
I think they can sense when you are busy. Jenna was that way in the beginning with Ashley. Always needing something when I was feeding her sis. Usually the potty, so I taught her to do it all herself (#2 included) and she is awesome. Is it because they need you when you are feeding a baby or you are always feeding the baby? It feels like both in the beginning. Hang in there.
Scott has always been a big help with Kate. I think that's partly why she has become such a Daddy's girl - I am usually taking care of Brooks! Cute hair cut...
Post a Comment