We had a good Easter despite both of the kids having a rough night Saturday night. Erin kept me up and she and I had about 3 hours sleep. (She normally sleeps pretty well.) I think she might be having a growth spurt.
This is the first Easter weekend we have been home in a long time. We are normally at the Lads to Leaders Convention, and I have to say I really missed being there. We just couldn't go with a newborn. My mom and dad went and said that they had a good time, but were very tired. My dad runs the hospitality suite for our church. He enjoys doing it, but it is a lot of work. I know everyone appreciates being able to go and pick up something to eat without having to wait in long lines. We started doing it after the first year that convention was held in Orlando and it has been great.
I help teach the Junior High girls class with my friend Amy. I am very proud of them. They won a 2nd and 3rd place trophy in Speech competition. I never even heard their completed speeches because I have been out on Wednesday since Erin was born. L to L is a great program, and I feel like I need to continue to give back to it. I get discouraged from time to time when the girls don't seem to put forth the effort in the program, but they always seem to pull through. (I guess I shouldn't be so hard on them. I was a procrastinator many times and wrote my speech the week before convention.) It frustrates me because I know that with a little more practice and effort those trophies could be first place. Needless to say, the trophies are not what is important. What is important is that we teach these young women how to be strong Christian women. If we do this and they never win a trophy we will still be successful.
I hope everybody enjoyed their Easter!
3 comments:
I echo your sentiments about L to L exactly. Teale and I went to Nashville this weekend and I thought the exact same thing about some of the youth in our group.
We were in Atlanta with our youth at L2L this weekend. Our group did so well, but the really worked hard to do so. We were so proud. We are exhaused, too - convention isn't the easiest with young kids. But we are still glad we went!
I agree. I really enjoyed being a part of it when I was a teenager. When we started working with the youth, I was saddened when I saw the attitudes of some of the children and even the parents. It is not always that way though, thankfully. Erin has already grown since we saw her, I think. Hope you had a Happy Easter.
Post a Comment