
Well, another year has come and gone. We have come to really enjoy our vacation at Blue Mountain Beach for many reasons. Number one, who doesn't love the beach? We can't get enough of the sun, sand and waves. It truly is a beautiful place, and if the kids would let us Stephen and I would stay out all day long. (Unfortunately, this won't happen for a while!) I think we spent the least amount of time on the beach than we have ever spent due to naps, feedings and other parental responsibilities. Secondly, it gives us a chance to reconnect with our siblings. We all live in different cities. Spending a week together in one condo does bring you closer. I love my sister and brother and their families. I hope that we continue to vacation together for many years. As Brandon put it, "Pretty soon we are going to need to rent three condos instead of two because I'll be getting married. Then James and Anna (will get married)." He's only eleven!
We had a few mishaps while we were away. Let's see, there was one kidney stone, two encounters with a jelly fish, and one crab bite. Chris had a rough week! Poor Anna also had a run in with the jelly fish. They were everywhere! We also had what they call June grass. It looks like seaweed and it is in the water. It seems like we encounter this every other year. It turns the beautiful clear water into a green mess.
Grant finally warmed up to the beach the last day. Erin seemed to enjoy it all week long! I hope everyone gets rested up today! We can't wait until next year!
1 comment:
We loved being with you guys, too! We wish we were able to visit more often, but we really love our time at the beach with all of our family!
Melissa
Post a Comment