Ever since Erin was born I have been able to arrange things so that I didn't have to take both the kids to the grocery store by myself. I know most of you moms out there are probably laughing at me (or with me), but it's a logistical problem. Grant simply cannot be trusted to walk beside me. He's wild! He MUST be contained. Erin, of course, has to ride in the cart.
After finishing the morning dishes I went to figure out what I was going to cook for dinner and I realized that I needed to go to Publix. Grant was fever free this morning and in a great mood. Yea!!!! So I got up the guts to take the kiddos to Publix all by myself.
I have to say it was much easier than I had envisioned it. This is probably because Erin is now five months old and doesn't cry constantly unless I am holding her and Grant is almost two. He rode "illegally" in the basket part of the shopping cart while Erin was in her carrier up top. I only a few items to pick up so this arrangement worked. I am so happy that I did it!
Erin and Grant are now both taking naps. This could be the best day ever! Ha Ha!
2 comments:
Congratulations! It is huge. I understand and know how stressful the first time can be. I have better luck at Publix (or "the pub" as Jenna calls it) than I do anywhere else when I have both of them. And yes, Jenna has to ride illegally too...Now they can both sit in the car carts but they are always being used. Also, there is no room once I get my two kids in the cart! ARGH!
Congrats! We shop at Publix, too! I put Anna's whole carseat IN the buggy (the main part), and Luke rides in front. The buggies are surprisingly roomy, so I can usually get a week's worth of groceries around her or under the cart. Also, our Publix give free cookies to kids. You just have to stop by the bakery and ask. I think this is standard Publix policy, so you should check it out:).
Post a Comment