Monday, February 09, 2009

Herbed Slow Cooker Chicken

As a mom of two little ones I look for recipes that are quick and easy. Here's a new one I tried out tonight. The chicken was delicious, juicy, and tender. I have to be honest with you. I am not a big fan of chicken. (Unless it's from Chick-Fila. They must put something in their breading that's addicting.) I could do with out it, I am a beef and pork kind of girl, but Stephen loves it. So, I fix it. (I really ought to eat more chicken anyway.) This is the first recipe in a while that I actually enjoyed eating the chicken. Give it a try!


1 tbs. olive oil
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. pepper
4 chicken breasts (boneless or bone-in)
1/2 cup chicken broth

In a small bowl combine first 8 ingredients; rub over chicken. Place in crock pot; add broth. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Oh you KNOW I will try it. Thanks!