It's been a crazy weekend here at our house. We were extremely busy. It started out with a devotional at Jon and Amy's Friday night. We do them every Friday night and I have enjoyed the chance to get together and study God's Word with my friends.
Saturday our church had VBS. It isn't like the traditional VBS that we had growing up. I miss those days! For the past few years our church has done a Super Saturday VBS. Stephen and I were "shepherds" for the 3-4 year old class. The kids go from room to room viewing a puppet show and doing a craft that pertains to the lesson taught in the show. In theory this could work, but it is my experience that the kids really don't get much out of the day. The puppet shows, although well written, were geared for a much older audience, say 4th grade and up. My 3-4 years olds just looked ahead in confusion. The skits were based on the parables of the prodigal son, the great supper, and pearl of great price. After talking with several people that organized the VBS, it looks like we are going to aim for a traditional VBS next year that is Sun-Wed. I am excited about this and can't wait to plan it. Several of us have realized that it is up to us to make the program good for our children. We just can't sit back and complain about it. It's time for our generation to step up and take an active role in the Church. It's very important.
After coming home Saturday I guess it took a lot out of me. I was VERY sick all night and I had a migraine on top of that.
Sunday, I felt much better! Our life group had fellowship after church. Then Stephen, Grant and I went to visit one of the shut-ins at our church. It had been a while since we had visited her. (She hadn't even seen Grant before--that's how long it had been!) We always enjoy visiting her after we have been. She really enjoyed to playing with Grant!
After church Sunday evening we stayed after to sing with the youth group. They are trying to learn some new songs. We had a good time. We finished up with dinner at Mac Alister's Deli. Whew!!!! What a busy weekend!
The picture above is of Grant playing on a spare keyboard while Stephen worked on a friend's computer for him. Grant took the keyboard into the living room and stashed it with his toys. Why do we buy him toys?
2 comments:
You are so right. There are more than enough complainers around and not enough doers. We see this WAY too much! I am excited for you and I am glad you are feeling better. Take care!
Hey, that sounds an awful lot like my weekend. I think we wrote close to the exact same things :o)
Amy
Post a Comment