Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Erin is One Month Old!


I can't believe it has been a month already. Time surely has flown by. This is probably due to the fact that my day is spent taking care of two babies, I hardly have to time to blink.


Erin is growing so quickly. She started out small, and still is, but she has put on 3 lbs this month weighing in at 8lb 2 oz. I haven't measured her height yet, I need Stephen to help me with that.


Having two children under the age of two has been an adventure to say the least. Church is probably the hardest outing we deal with regularly. I haven't been brave enough to leave the house alone with both babies yet! Although it is hard work, we wouldn't change it for the world. These kids are everything to us and we are so thankful to be blessed with them.


Erin is generally a good baby, but she seems to have become a little fussy lately. She doesn't seem to have full blown colic, but she cries if I lay her down anywhere. She wants to be held/and nursed constantly. I would say it is just a growth spurt, but she is a spitter! Grant NEVER spit up. I am sure that I can count the number of times he spit up on one hand. So, when Erin was born I just assumed she would be the same nice, neat, clean baby. She spits up a lot! During the night she spit up on me (and herself, and the bed) four times! I took a shower this morning (she hadn't even been fed for the past hour) and she promptly spit up 2 more times on me before I could get breakfast ready. The curious thing is she doesn't seem to be in pain (as long as she is being held) like I have heard parents say about babies with reflux. She just spits up, a lot! I am going to continue to watch her and see if this gets any better before calling the doctor because she is gaining weight and it doesn't seem to bother her. Stephen had reflux problems as a baby, and my nephew Matthew had it as well. Hopefully, she will grow out of it soon.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I love the outfit! I can tell she has gotten bigger. I need a copy of that picture!!!