The condo has a poor Internet connection this year. The new router is not as good as the one they had last year so I am down in the atrium updating the blog.
We had a good first day at the beach. After church, we spent the rest of the morning and afternoon down on the sand. Grant was afraid of the ocean and the beach this year. Just as I had suspected. He just wanted to go the pool. Erin, fell asleep and slept a good while for us under Papa's tent. IT WAS A GOOD TENT!
After lunch we put the younger ones to bed and Melissa, Chris, Brian and I went to Publix. We went the night we got here and it was like grocery shopping the day before Christmas when a hurricane is coming! The line to check out wrapped all the way around the store. So I stood in line while Melissa retrieved the items that we needed to get through lunch yesterday. It was crazy and we will never make the mistake of going to that Publix again on Saturday night!
When we returned a thunderstorm was rolling in. Stephen and my sister went down on the beach to get our towels out from under the tent so they wouldn't get wet. When they got to the stairs they could not believe what they saw. Our tent had ripped off of the frame and was floating in the ocean! The wind had been so strong that it even bent the frame. So the tent is no more. My dad is going out today to get purchase a new tent! Hopefully, this one won't meet it's fate anytime soon!
i am having technical difficulties posting pictures. I am getting a full signal down here so I am going to get Stephen to look at it. Check back for pictures later.
We had a good first day at the beach. After church, we spent the rest of the morning and afternoon down on the sand. Grant was afraid of the ocean and the beach this year. Just as I had suspected. He just wanted to go the pool. Erin, fell asleep and slept a good while for us under Papa's tent. IT WAS A GOOD TENT!
After lunch we put the younger ones to bed and Melissa, Chris, Brian and I went to Publix. We went the night we got here and it was like grocery shopping the day before Christmas when a hurricane is coming! The line to check out wrapped all the way around the store. So I stood in line while Melissa retrieved the items that we needed to get through lunch yesterday. It was crazy and we will never make the mistake of going to that Publix again on Saturday night!
When we returned a thunderstorm was rolling in. Stephen and my sister went down on the beach to get our towels out from under the tent so they wouldn't get wet. When they got to the stairs they could not believe what they saw. Our tent had ripped off of the frame and was floating in the ocean! The wind had been so strong that it even bent the frame. So the tent is no more. My dad is going out today to get purchase a new tent! Hopefully, this one won't meet it's fate anytime soon!
i am having technical difficulties posting pictures. I am getting a full signal down here so I am going to get Stephen to look at it. Check back for pictures later.
1 comment:
Is it wrong that the tent story has me laughing? R.I.P. tent. I'm sure you'll be missed! Hope there is somewhere you can go to get a new one.
Post a Comment