Saturday, February 07, 2009

Happy 30th Birthday!!!

This is the first of three posts.


Yesterday was Stephen's thirtieth birthday. We celebrated by having dinner with his family last night. I think I am more upset about him turning thirty than he is. I still have a couple years to go. I think it bothers me more that when we started dating he was just seventeen. It seems that time has passed so quickly. I wish time would slow down sometimes. Next thing I know the kids will be all grown up!

We had big plans for a date night tonight. Boy, do we need one! I think it was September the last time we got away alone together. Our plans were halted this afternoon. As I was cleaning up lunch, (and washing clothes and the dishes) I noticed that our water pressure was gone. Stephen had just come inside after helping his dad cut down and haul off about six or seven trees. He was ready to get a shower and have lunch. I knew something was wrong with the pump to our well.

Sure enough the pump was shot. So, Stephen and his dad spent the afternoon replacing the pump on our well. The good news is we have water. The bad news is we didn't get to go out. Thankfully, my mom and dad have offered to take the kids home tomorrow after church so that we can go to lunch (and by BJ's we are out of diapers) together.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

It bothered me more when Scott turned 30 - than it bothered him. I think the same will happen when he turns 40! I know exactly how you feel!