Thursday, February 26, 2009

Happy First Birthday Baby Erin!!!

It's kind of bittersweet to celebrate your child's first birthday. I am excited to see my little baby growing and changing. She is doing so much these days. On the other hand, we are starting to leave the baby days behind us. She doesn't want to snuggle so much anymore. Although, she is still a mommy's girl!

I can't help but think back to a year ago today. Right now Grant was watching Wheel of Fortune (a show he had to watch every night back then) and I was packing our bags for the hospital between contractions. I was so excited! I had planned on a natural birth this time around after an induction with Grant. We left for the hospital shortly after 8 pm. It was raining that night and I remember getting on to Stephen because he was sending an email to the guys at work while driving us to the hospital. (I think now I was just uncomfortable because I couldn't get to a comfortable position during the contractions in the car.)

We arrived at the hospital a little after 8:30 pm. It was after hours so I had to be admitted through the ER. They sent my on up to Labor and Delivery. After the nurse began to put me in the computer she said she'd monitor my labor for the next couple hours. We watched American Idol while I labored on. About 10:10 pm my water broke and just minutes later she was born!!!



Here she is just after she arrived!
Here's Grant meeting Sissy for the very first time. I can't get over how little he looks. I thought he was such a big boy at 17 months old!


Erin has brought so much happiness into our lives. Stephen and I can't imagine life without her. This past year has been a difficult one with two babies in the house, but we have been blessed beyond all our expectations. I wouldn't have it any other way! I can't wait to see the young woman that she will become.


1 comment:

WAKEFIELDS R US said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIN ! WE LOVE YOU!