Monday, March 21, 2011

A Lunch Date with Daddy

When I woke up this morning I noticed that Stephen had left his wallet on counter.  He does this often.  So I picked up the phone and called him to inform him that he did not have his wallet.  Normally, he doesn't need it, but today he had to put gas in his truck.  So, since Grant is on Spring Break this week, we decided to go to meet him for lunch.


This is the view in our backseat right now.  We were able to move Grant back up to the middle row now that Erin is in a booster seat.  Camryn has two eager helpers to entertain her!  Anyway, this was before we pulled away for the hour long drive to Jacksonville.  Camryn, cried the. entire. way. there!


She fell asleep as we exited off the interstate.  The kids had given her all of these toys trying to calm her down.


Stephen met us in the parking garage.  He had bad news.  He wasn't going to be able to go to lunch with us because of an issue he had to resolve that had just come up.  I think he read the look on my face...the "do you know what I have been through to get here" look because he said, "Give me twenty minutes.  I will see what I can do."  So, I took that time to feed Camryn, contemplating where I was going to take the kids to lunch, by myself, in downtown Jacksonville.  Luckily, he was able to fix whatever problem they were having and he didn't have to cancel on our lunch date. The kids were so excited to be at daddy's work!


We walked down by the river to Little Joe's for lunch and sat outside enjoying the beautiful weather.  


It took up most of our day, but the kids loved it!  I am glad we were able to save the day and take Stephen his wallet.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I am glad he was able to go to lunch with you, that would've been a long way to go and him not be able to. I also like the pictures of all of the toys on top of Camryn. I need some helpers like that in my car :)