It's been a long week here in the Larson household. I reported earlier that Grant had Strep throat. Well, he had failed the first strep test, but the doctor strongly felt he had strep. She went ahead and started to treat him for strep throat while we waited for the results to come back from the second test that she sent off to the lab. The good news is it wasn't strep. The bad news is, we had to wait the virus out. Grant missed the entire week of school and Erin caught the virus on Wednesday. Grant is finally feeling better. Erin, is still sick. We have been stuck inside most of the week which had been hard on the kids (and me too!)
Camryn always has something in her mouth. Sometimes it's her entire fist. I am loving all the creases she is getting all over her arms and legs!!!!
Because the kids have been sick, our bedtime routine went out the window this week. Grant feels the need to sleep on the couch when he is sick. Erin just doesn't sleep when she is sick. Wednesday night/Thursday morning she went to bed at 10 pm woke up at midnight. She was awake and crazy-hyper until about 5:30 am! This is normal for her when she is sick. I don't understand it. Unfortunately, Thursday was the only day this week that I had to work. However, I have adapted very well to functioning on little to no sleep. The past few nights have been somewhat better, with only an hour or two of Erin keeping me up. I am hoping she sleeps better tonight. I said all of this to explain why Stephen is asleep on Erin's bedding. We put the kids sheets on the couch that they want to crash on while they are sick. This also helps keep the couch clean just in case they throw up. (Luckily, we haven't had any of that this go round!) Erin had already gone to bed and Stephen fell asleep while watching a movie last night.
I also can't deny the resemblance of Stephen and Camryn in this picture. I do think Camryn looks a lot like me, but all of our kids have his lips. I always joke that they are going to be great brass players with those lips! (Yep, I am a band nerd. I can't help it!)
The weather has been beautiful and, even though Erin was still running a fever, we let the kids get outside for a little while today. Erin always has her sunglasses and her baby on the back while she rides.
Baby also has a boo boo.
We are loving the Dogwoods this year.
We were trying to entice Grant to ride his bike by putting Camryn on it. He was in a grouchy mood this morning. Stephen remedied it by letting Grant ride his bike up and down the road. He loved it and road as fast as he could all the way to the end of the road and back. I don't think he stopped talking the whole time. If you know Grant, then you know what I am talking about. His mouth was going as fast as his wheels were and you could hear him all the way down the road. (We live on a dead end road out in the country with little traffic on the road.)
He came back and played a little soccer. We missed signing him up for soccer this spring. Maybe this fall.
He is such a great dad!
Here's to hoping next week is better









3 comments:
Adorable children, nice photography!
I'm so sorry that you guys have been so sick. We were in your boat the last 3 weeks! Thank goodness warmer weather is here!
great pics
Post a Comment