Saturday, December 01, 2007

Christmas Trees, Birthday Parties, and Baby Update











This weekend has been a fun filled, exciting weekend. Thursday evening we decided to get our Christmas tree. We buy one every year from the Middleburg High Band. Stephen and I were both in the band and know how big of fundraiser it is for the kids. It's funny because we used to recognize people working the tree lot because they had older brothers or sisters in band with us, but not anymore. Anyway, we went after dark to pick out the tree (not always a good idea). I couldn't remember if I needed a 7 ft or an 8 ft tree. I had the boys pulling out trees left and right, but I couldn't find one that I thought was as full as last year's tree. Not wanting to inconvenience the guys anymore I settled on the one above. I was disappointed when we got it home because it looks so small. I am satisfied with it, I will just remember to go with a taller tree next year. When we got it home and began to decorate it (I should say "I" began) Grant decided to help me by pulling on the lights. It was kind of cute, but he got the idea that he is not allowed to touch the tree. He does however try to take a Christmas bell ornament off from time to time.
Yesterday morning I had a routine doctor's appointment so Stephen stayed home with Grant. Everything is progressing nicely with this pregnancy and I am right on track to deliver on my due date. It is so nice to be able to go to an appointment and receive good news or no news! It seems like I could catch a break when I was pregnant with Grant. I did get the lab slip for the glucose test. I will have to take it sometime this week. Even that is not as bad as last time because I had to take the long test with Grant. I will now start going to visit the doctor every two weeks. I can't believe that time is passing by so quickly! I am scheduled for a 3-d ultrasound on Wednesday, December 12th and we can't wait to get a glimpse of our baby boy!
Today Grant and I went to a co-worker's little girl's birthday party. It was at a local park and the weather was beautiful! Grant fell asleep on the way there and slept for a good part of the party before he woke up and played on the play ground. We had a good time! I spent the rest of the day visiting with some of the family and cleaning house!






No comments: