Saturday, January 24, 2009

Grant, Erin and the Apple Dress

I am lacking creativity in the Title of post department. It's been a hard week around our house. I went out of town last weekend with my sister and mom. We had a great time with each other. I think we all needed a weekend away. It was my first time leaving the kiddos over night. They all survived...even Stephen! Sunday morning I got an email from Stephen saying:

"Grant opened the spare bathroom door while I was in the shower and Erin decided to take all the toilet paper off the roll. So the inside of our house has been TP'd! Hunter participated a little from the looks of it!"

He sent me this message while he was on his way church. He was right there was a mess when I got home. (How is it that that never happens when I am home?) Apparently, Grant was telling her to stop the while time she was making a mess. He's my little neat freak!

During church it was obvious to Stephen that Grant was feeling out of sorts. He ended up taking Grant out of service to the Toddler's Training Room. Grant just wanted to be held and was coughing a little. He's been very good at church lately and hasn't had to leave the worship service very much. Next thing Stephen knew Grant started to vomit so he rushed him over to the trash can. He did pretty well with keeping the mess to a minimum. However, Stephen doesn't do well under these circumstances, so I am very proud of him for taking care of the problem. My dad happened to be out in the foyer with Erin so Stephen took the kids and left and poor Papa cleaned up the rest.

It turns out both my kids ended up with double ear infections this week. We are all on the road to recovery, but we had a few tough days.

So I leave you now with two pictures.

This is how Erin prefers to sit in her high chair with her leg propped up. She has always done this. She also props her foot up in the stroller.
This is my latest creation for Erin Spring/Summer wardrobe. I made it yesterday afternoon. It was super easy and turned our cute. I think I am going to make her a sun suit out of the fabric as well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

related post
http://katarashop.blogspot.com/2009/05/apple-bottom-juniors-striped-tube-dress.html

best regard
katarashop